15 businesses hit with fines for failing to comply with ESOS
Posted on November 7, 2018 at 3:40 pm
The Environment Agency (EA) has issued numerous fines to businesses failing to comply with energy efficiency rules.
Fifteen businesses failed to comply with the first round of mandatory reporting rules under the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS). Failures occur when a company is unable to analyse its energy consumption data, transport emissions and report on its compliance strategy.
The latest report from the EA showed that 15 businesses have been fined with civil penalties of just under £160,000 in total for ESOS offences. Those businesses which received penalties include:
- Amdocs (UK) Limited – £45,000;
- Forever 21 (UK) Limited – £22,500;
- Intelsat Gloabl Sales and Marketing Limited – £13,500
- Ebay (UK) Ltd – £12,150;
- Gumtree.com Limited – £12,150;
- Spinnaker Bidco Limited – £10,650;
- GBT Travel Services UK Limited – £10,050;
- STA Travel Limited – £9,450;
- Harman International Industries Limited – £8,550;
- CCA International (UK) Ltd – £3,420;
- Monex Europe Holdings Limited – £2,700;
- Giant Precision Limited – £2,550;
- Gateway Global Communications Limited – £1,800;
- Belvedere Midco Limited – £1,740; and
- Betting Shop Services Limited – £1,560.
ESOS was designed to encourage energy efficient installations and investments with enforcement action used as a last resort to bring them into compliance. Companies which are able to implement ISO 50001 automatically qualify for compliance under ESOS.
The second and next compliance deadline under ESOS is 5th December 2019, which has allowed companies four years to prepare for compliance.
Found this information interesting? Sign up for a free trial of the Legislation Update Service here to access regular, more detailed articles.
Latest News POSTS
Posted on June 20, 2019 at 1:00 pm
Posted on June 17, 2019 at 3:00 pm
Posted on May 16, 2019 at 11:00 am
BS 7671:2018 – Requirements for Electrical Installations, IET Wiring Regulations published
The 18th Edition of the IET Wiring Regulations has been published. The updated Standard will come into effect on 1st January 2019.READ MORE
Developing an Environmental Aspects Register in line with ISO 14001:2015
Do you need help developing an aspects register compatible with the requirements of the ISO 14001:2015 Standard? Why not book on to our half day workshop?READ MORE
ISO 45001:2018 Migration Training Course – Full Day Course
This 1 day course will provide a comprehensive overview of the key differences between BS OHSAS 18001:2007 and ISO 45001:2018, to enable delegates to understand the key changes, evaluate the impact of those changes and provide guidance on how to begin migration to the new Standard.READ MORE